I used to be one of those cool techie people that used to be always ahead of the curve technologically for one reason: I enjoyed it. I'm not that person anymore; I just don't think life is improved that much more by the latest gadget.** Some new digital whatzamajiggy can't make life worth living (though I did enjoy being technologically superior to you all).
But, if you read blogs and like to keep up to date in certain areas of specialized knowledge, I really must recommend a tool by the parent company of Blogger, and that is Google Reader.
I had been getting RSS subscriptions to my friends' blogs through a built-in function in my Firefox web browser, which works fine, but Google Reader organizes news feeds from my friends, favorite photography sites, tech blogs, boingboing.net, etc. with great efficiency - much like Gmail kicks my email's ass.
I heartily endorse this service, America.
David Out.
**P.S. I have already gone against that notion, bragging about my Nikon camera today to a friend. Geez, I'm a dork.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment