I've often noticed in television shows and commercials that there is a convention where children bring their parents to school for "career day."
This makes me wonder - has anyone actually had to do that?
I never had such an assignment in school, and to my knowledge I don't think anyone else has either. But it seems to be something taken for granted on television - there it seems like a right of passage for children, as normal as being beat up by a bully or vandalizing a golf course.
So please, leave a comment about your "career day" experience below, or lack there of. Tell me what you know about this ridiculous TV occurrence.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My grandma dressed up as a farmer and talked to my first grade class. I'm not sure she was invited to do so, however.
Was she actually a farmer or was it more like they needed someone who was familiar with farming? Or did she literally just barge into your class with cover-alls and a pitchfork?
Your post does evoke a Grant Wood-esque sensation for me, no matter how it happened.
I wanted to bring my dad in, but for some reason if didn't work out. I imagined bringing him in might evoke some measure of respect from my classmates ("look, see? My dad is cool and successful and funny and you should like me!"), but oh well.
Post a Comment