
The 40th thing white people like, according to this blog titled Stuff White People Like, are Apple products.
That's hilarious. It's true, but hilarious. The blog is obviously tongue-in-cheek, but he does have a few lines that have me pegged:
"Apple products also come with stickers. Some people put them on their computer, some people put them on windows, but to take it to the pinnacle of whiteness, you need to put the Apple sticker in the rear window of your Prius, Jetta, BMW, Subaru 4WD Station Wagon or Audi."
Good thing I don't have an Apple sticker on my Jetta right now. Only my last 3 Jettas did. And the VW Rabbit I had before that.
Examples of other Stuff White People Like are Mos Def, The Idea of Soccer, Study Abroad, and Coffee, which is #1. Barack Obama, by the way, is #8. Hey, I like Mos Def, but I actually play soccer, damn it.
Anyway, back to the Mac thing. I don't think I've even mentioned it at length on this blog, but I'm a HUGE Mac-usin' guy going back to 1995 or so. Before the iMac and the iPod or iAnything I was in love with Apple's computers. I had the double influence of having to use them in my high school's graphics department, and knowing a guy who knew a lot about them (you should always know someone who knows a lot about computers). My Mac evangelism has become something of a cartoonish idiosyncrasy among my friends, but that's totally OK, as long as it's not my only redeemable trait (it isn't is it!?). Besides, several of my friends now use Macs, and so far I've got mostly good feedback even though they're all former Windows users.
I don't however, use my current machine, an Aluminum PowerBook G4 12" in cafes to look creative and unique. Well, maybe just a few times.
2 comments:
Nice photo of your Jerk-Off Station(TM).
Geez, Brett, your mom reads my blog. Watch the potty-mouth!
Post a Comment